THURSDAY, AUGUST 7, 2014
Archbishop ‘absolutely wrong’
|Fr. Pius Sammut, O.C.D.|
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2014
Monsignor: Archbishop’s statements on finances ‘absolutely wrong’
Former BBMR Director Rivera to Archbishop: It’s Never Too Late to Say “I’m Sorry”
Pope’s delegate replies to Guam parishioners
Catholics refute archbishop’s claims about church finances
The mad kiko-clans are bashing Mother Dawn, Mother Superior of our local Carmelite nuns, as the instigator of the petition against Fr. Pius. What a load of “vomit” (their word). Chuck White originated the idea and I doubt if he has ever met Mother Dawn. How sick, sad, and desperate these maligned and vicious people are becoming now that their neo-kingdom is collapsing around them. It’s “scorched earth” now for them. Take down everybody and anybody.
- That the gift be used to purchase a defunct hotel property for the “purpose of a seminary”
- That the identity of the donor NOT be made known
- “A seminary” for the Archdiocese of Agana was NOT established.
- He identified the donor.
- Mother Dawn and her Carmelites have been labeled as neo-sympathizers and supporters (whether they are or not I don’t know, and they probably – given their vocation – don’t give a hoot either way).
- Since people believed that the Carmelites had 2 million dollars to give to the Neo’s, they figured that the Carmelites didn’t need any more financial support and they’re ability to take care of themselves, especially since many are aging, has suffered.
Church Lay Leaders Call News Conference to “Refute” Archbishop’s Allegations of Financial Mismanagement
CHURCH LAY LEADERS CALL NEWS CONFERENCE TO “REFUTE” ARCHBISHOP’S ALLEGATIONS OF FINANCIAL MISMANAGEMENT
Guam – A news conference comprised of various individuals who have assisted in the financial matters of the Catholic Cemeteries of Guam and the Cathedral-Basilica will be held to respond to, correct, and refute allegations of financial mismanagement made public by Archbishop Sablan Apuron.
These individuals have given of their time, professional acumen, and personal resources to assist Msgr. James Benavente in bringing to order the financial matters of these two entities prior to, during, and after the report by Deloitte and Touche and the allegation of financial mismanagement by Archbishop Apuron.
The news conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. today, August 6, 2014, on the front steps of the Cathedral-Basilica.
As this point, the following individuals have confirmed their attendance and participation:
Mr. Joseph Rivera, former Director of the Bureau of Budget & Management Research
Mr. Art Ilagan, Insurance & Banking Commissioner and former Director of the Department of Revenue & Taxation
Mr. Rick Duenas, Certified Public Accountant and son of former Chief Judge and Sir Knight Cristobal C. Duenas.
Mr. Richard Untalan, past chairman of the Archdiocesan Finance Council
Deacon Steve Martinez, former Finance Officer of the Archdiocese of Agaña.